Did you know Aloe Vera functions as nature's own "sports drink" for electrolyte balance, making common sports drinks obsolete? Neither did I until I read this article that was posted today on Melissa's Produce blog. The article is fascinating! Digging a bit further, Mark Adams explains in greater detail the health benefits while sharing an aloe vera smoothie.
I don't normally copy an article but thought this was worth sharing, especially since this is all new news to me.
Health Benefits of Aloe Vera
written by Mark Adams
Health Benefits of Aloe VeraWhen I say aloe vera is the most impressive medicinal herb invented by nature, I don't make that statement lightly. Of all the herbs I've ever studied -- and I've written thousands of articles on nutrition and disease prevention -- aloe vera is the most impressive herb of them all. (Garlic would be a close second.) There is nothing on this planet that offers the amazing variety of healing benefits granted by aloe vera.
- Mike Adams, NaturalNews.com.
In a single plant, aloe vera offers potent, natural medicine that
• Halts the growth of cancer tumors.
• Lowers high cholesterol.
• Repairs "sludge blood" and reverses "sticky blood".
• Boosts the oxygenation of your blood.
• Eases inflammation and soothes arthritis pain.
• Protects the body from oxidative stress.
• Prevents kidney stones and protects the body from oxalates in coffee and tea.
• Alkalizes the body, helping to balance overly acidic dietary habits.
• Cures ulcers, IBS, Crohn's disease and other digestive disorders.
• Reduces high blood pressure natural, by treating the cause, not just the symptoms.
• Nourishes the body with minerals, vitamins, enzymes and glyconutrients.
• Accelerates healing from physical burns and radiation burns.
• Replaces dozens of first aid products, makes bandages and antibacterial sprays obsolete.
• Halts colon cancer, heals the intestines and lubricates the digestive tract.
• Ends constipation.
• Stabilizes blood sugar and reduces triglycerides in diabetics.
• Prevents and treats candida infections.
• Protects the kidneys from disease.
• Functions as nature's own "sports drink" for electrolyte balance, making common sports drinks obsolete.
• Boosts cardiovascular performance and physical endurance.
• Speeds recovery from injury or physical exertion.
• Hydrates the skin, accelerates skin repair.
Get Your Aloe Vera Leaves Here! >>> http://www.melissas.com/Products/Products/Aloe-Vera-Leaf.aspx
If something ails you, I'd suggest exploring more facts about Aloe Vera. It almost sounds too good to be true but hey, it's worth checking out.
Have any of you ever used the Aloe Vera plant for any medicinal purposes other than sunburn?